oil leak

<scas660@netzero.com> wrote:
> I looked under the hood and the noise was obvioulsy coming
> from the head area ("oh crap I think I blew my valves" was
> may first thought) then I looked under the car and saw a small
> puddle of oil and oil that spattered all around the oil filter area.

Sounds like you lost a lot of oil, the lack of which
is causing the noise.  If you are running synthetic
oil, and you didn't go far, you might be OK. But
usually lack of oil means expensive engine repairs.

Find the source of the leak (loose oil filter? oil cooler
hose? oil pressure sensor?) and fix it. Then drain the
engine and fill with fresh oil. Cross your fingers, start
the engine, and hope there was no damage.

Kent