1982 Scirocco Electrical Problem

John:
    Thanks, but I've replaced the switch assembly on the steering column.
Neptuno:
    The bulbs are good for the 4-way flasher, so that's not it.
The problem appeared suddenly, and it's not the result of any work on
the car, so I don't think it's crossed wires. Some kind of short has
definitely developed, but I don't know where. If I take the bulb out of
the front flasher, the problem disappers, but that's not a safe solution!