OT, Jetta door latch question

Rick!!! Go kiss that Jetta for me, you must have the only one in existance
that hasn't had this problem a long time ago! It's really typical, so
prepare for it, and maybe stockpile a few door handles just in case. Our
'91 "POS" Jetta is "handle free", which is surprisingly effective for
security, unless the potential thief is a VW nut and likes to steal crappy
stuff. It's an easy fix, though perhaps a "lube-a-thon" is in order for
the remaining handles too.

Cathy