rear end damage repaired

> From: "T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu>
> Date: 2004/12/27 Mon PM 09:27:17 EST
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: rear end damage repaired
>
> Things have taken a turn for the slightly better today, as I was able to
> repair the damage caused by the second accident myself.

It looks good, Toby...  I am glad to hear it was more fixable than you thought...

About three months ago, I was in a drive-thru line at McDs (in the bario), when like a 17 yr old in a Taurus ahead of me decided he was sick of waiting.  He proceeds to put the car in reverse, I see the lights...  He's looking in his outside passenger mirror, and that is it.  I think, 'Oh shit, I have no horn!'  Before I could get it into reverse, he hits me.  FUCK!  I have no bumpers on, so I know it is going to suck.  And it does.  My GTIs grill is in shards, the core support is majorly kinked (double skinned no less, I can' repair it 100 %).  He is very apologetic, and wearing a St. Mary shirt, just like the Catholic Iconic statues you tend to see on dashes.  I take pitty, and we exchange phone numbers.  He says let him know how much it is, and he would pay me.  Nice guys finish what?  I call several times, he's not there.  A girl is always the one who answers...  I firmly believe that when life is over, a reckoning takes place...  :-(

However, we all know that it could ALWAYS be much worse than it is.  I won't be taking Job's place anytime soon (bible reference)...

Cheers,
  David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson