replacement speakers for the Rocco

Neptuno wrote:
> Ok did I not see a thread about this months past? It seems that the old speakers that more than likely are the originals, are starting to sound bad. Anyone had good or bad experienses with 4x6 replacements for the OEM stuff?
> Recomendations of speakers under $40?
> The cheaper the better (staying away from generics of course)
>
> TIA,
>
> El Tony

The correct size for our cars are "4x6 inch METRIC". Yes, that is no typo.

Regular 4x6 speakers may work but will likely have fitment issues.

Here is Crutchfield's page for the Blaus:
<http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sQE2WYvawVZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51500&I=023PCXT462>

They have come a long way from when I bought a pair. The ones I could
get way back when were a fiber cone, <heh> nowadays they are the
'T-Line'.  8D

Polypropylene looks cool too, but I don't want anybody to see them.

I was going to recommend you spare these size drivers the lows a big
woofer can handle, not only would you get less distortion (which sounds
  better) but you'll spare yourself a greater chance of blowing
something up. Low and behold I find:

Bass Blockers:
<http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sQE2WYvawVZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&i=127BB300A2&o=&a=>

Installed inline they help keep long frequencies away from your tender
mid divers and tweeters.

Oh, and dees are B good too:
<http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sQE2WYvawVZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&i=237XT46&o=&a=>

hth,