[SPAM] Wiring Harness Removal

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:01:22 -0800 (PST), Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Jeff Toomasson <area53@validpath.com> wrote:
> > Unless you NEED to remove the wires, don't. It's way too much of a PITA...
>
> Ditto Jeff.  IMO you stand much more of a risk of damage since these are old and often brittle
> wires.

All the more reason to replace the wiring all together!  My 75 track
car was rewired front to back with a Painless Wiring kit
<http://www.painlesswiring.com/catalogframe.htm>, and it's nice
knowing that there isn't a crusty wire in sight...  Bastard electrical
gremlins begone!!!  :)

I plan to do this with every VW I own from now on.  I may redo a good
portion of my Audi's wiring as well when I install EFI after the new
year (Megasquirt II or 034EFI - haven't decided yet) - 15 year old
Coupe Quattros suffer from the same electrical illnesses that afflict
our Sciroccos...

I attempted to save the harness from my recently departed Mk1 when I
stripped it bare, but ended up chopping it up at the firewall and
raintray.  I would have felt too guilty not stripping out EVERYTHING,
so I tried to save the harness, but it proved to be too big a PITA...
At least I have all the ends... :)

Mark.
75
80 S