Quick little toss-up question.

You guys are Cruel.  I think what he meant was "open" in regards to
the diameter area and "tight" meaning front to back.  Of course it
could be the other way around.  Anyways some helpful information:
When we were buying Ceiling fans we were always tould that the fans
with less blades move more air.  The reason given was that with more
blades each blade is competeing with the other blades in trying to
grasp more air than the blade in front of it. In any event what ever
the "Technical" reason the four bladed fans moved more air than the 5
bladed ones.  I can only assume the same is true for 4 vs 3 blades.

HTH Matt,