snow tire rec.

We finally got the Dunolp Graspic DS-2 onto Lacy's 00 Jetta and man do they kick ass! Granted, we had been driving around on tires with zero tread for awhile, so we're not used to what decent tires feel like. We haven't gotten a big snow yet, but in the snowy/icy spots on the road and in snow packed driveways these tires dominate. They're extremely grippy on even dry pavement and a relatively quiet. The ride is comfortable and because they are a size narrower than stock, they make turning a breeze. The best part is they were only $50 each from tirerack! A quick search will reveal that these are the tires of choice for SCCA ice racers who are not allowed studs, so you know they do as well on ice as Dunlop claims they do. If you need tires and have been putting it off, go check them out!

Dan