From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Julie Macfarlane
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:05 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Running problem

Within 5 minutes of turning the car on, the car loses power drastically. It
idles very poorly and keeping the revs up just barely keeps the engine
alive.
When the revs are up, the sound from the muffler sounds "empty" and a huge
loss of power.

After a minute or two the engine revs up and runs well. The tach still
responds normally so spark drop out is not much of a reason.

I did run the tank down low (really low), so I am hoping that it is a
clogged fuel filter.

Sound reasonable?

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y