Check out this AutoCrossed White Scirocco

I set up the web site for him but I have to admit I don't know
everything that he has done but I can tell you he has went through it
from top to bottom.  He personally rebuilt his engine and with any
racer isn't going to tell everything he has done.  He personally
designed his own suspension with Koni's and Eibach springs.  I believe
he made his own mounting brackets.  The upper strut you are admiring
is from Autotech.  http://www.autotech.com/catalog/stresbar.htm

He does have trophies to back him up.  He also races with Howard
Miller who drives a GTI that is even faster.  Anyone know Howard?  I
am trying to get them to come to cincy next year.  He might even bring
his AutoDiagnos that plugs in parallel to the ecu and gives an LCD
readout of everything.  He is very sharp and really likes sciroccos.