Hidden MK 1 content - was Re: Someone is buying all the sciroccos...

> Did anyone spot the Mk 1 in this ad?
>
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6060&item=4510189641&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>
>

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna
> 172
> "My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.
> What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen

And here's my spin...and I have no knowledge of this car, I'm just
imagining it as mine was when I got it...
UP FOR BID IS A RARE 1988 VOLKSWAGEN 16V SCIROCCO. THIS IS A NO RUST EVER
CAR
(Galvanized? Stainless? or maybe Titanium body? Mmmm, titanium....
)
WITH ORIGINAL PAINT AND A VERY STRAIGHT BODY, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THE
CLEARCOAT IS STARTING TO COME OFF IN VARIOUS AREA'S.
(but it looks like snowflakes if you drive fast enough)

FROM A PAINTERS STANDPOINT THEY ARE EASIER TO PAINT WHEN YOUR WORKING WITH
THE ORIGINAL FINISH.

THESE ARE QUITE A CAR ,
Amen, no disputing that...

THEY CAME WITH LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS, DOHC 16 VALVE HEAD WITH SODIUM
COOLED VALVES, & HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKES.
(But don't expect the E brakes to work for long...)

THIS ONE HAS AN OPTIONAL SUNROOF & AIR CONDITIONING.
(neither of which work)

THE GLASS & INTERIOR IS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE DASH
WHICH HAS TWO SMALL CRACKS IN IT,
(if you consider the Grand Canyon a small crack))

THE HEADLINER IS GOOD WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE SUNROOF SECTION WHERE IT
IS COMING LOOSE FROM THE SUNROOF ITSELF IN A 2 INCH AREA (GET OUT THE
YELLOW GLUE FOR AN EASY FIX).
You can use the flap of fabric as a changing screen at the beach, or try
to tack it up and it will look all cool and puckered.

THE ENGINE STARTS & RUNS WITH NO STRANGE NOISE.
(it actually has multiple strange noises, note no mention of "smooth idle")

HOWEVER THERE IS PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING BECAUSE WHEN YOU PUT IT INTO GEAR
TO TAKE OFF IT DIES WHEN RELEASING THE CLUTCH PEDAL. SOME VOLKSWAGEN GUY
SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADVISE WHY IT DOES THIS MAYBE???
(probably cause it isn't an automatic...)

THE  ORIGINAL OWNER DOESN'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH IT
and she is a sane person

SO THATS WHY I'M HERE (SHE BOUGHT A NEW BENZ).
(so much for the claim of sanity)

 IF YOU ARE THE KIND OF PERSON THAT WOULD LIKE A COOL VW  THAT NEEDS A
LITTLE LOVE
A little? How about all consuming sucks you dry and then asks for more
kind of love? That's the spirit...
HERE'S YOUR CAR.

SELLING FOR A FRIEND. Cause she loves it even though it's bad for her...
DANKE (token german flair)

Just being stupid, since I haven't driven my Roccs for a while. And they
make no mention of the stock "dune" suspension in this ad, it's gotta be a
selling point. (sure looks unmodified, eh?).....
Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"