JH timing and the Bosch starter

Gordon Forbess wrote:
> Here's my question:  Does the K-Jetronic (that's the one, right?)
> system that ran the stock JHs retard the timing during the start
> cycle?

Did your conversion come with a robotic arm to turn the distributor?

> Another clue:  If I cut my "secret kill switch" (which interrupts 12v
> to the coil) and crank the motor, the starter spins it very fast.
> Then quickly flipping the switch back to the "run" position while
> still cranking, the motor fires normally.  No bogging down at all.

Wait, what?  If you cut power to the coil, it doesn't bog but if you run
  power to the coil it also doesn't bog?

> To eliminate other possible problems,..

The relay kit was for over-hot automatics, wasn't it?.  The early points
coils had a resistor wire to the coil and a vacuum retard.  Those should
be irrelevant.  What exactly do you have in there?  A Hall sender from a
JH?  If specs are on your site it is down.

Could be true but I need more info. Did it work at 6? at all ever?  Does
it go away if you go back to 2??  Am I helpful or would you like to call
me an ugly son of a monkey?  If it makes any difference, I love your
car, man.