Good news to those looking for seals...

I like "fluff", it's like when Ellen does this............

Never mind.

Tonee

C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>> From: "Jeff Toomasson"
>> Date: 2004/12/03 Fri PM 06:47:21 EST
>> To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net
>> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>> Subject: Re: Re: Good news to those looking for seals...
>>
>> I can't remember specifically now - I deleted the message.
>>
>> IIRC, I think what you meant is without _diversity_ , we would never
>> have any
>> new/creative perspectives...is that correct?
>>
>> Jeff

Diversity's good, I'm all for it. This list has lots of it. And I post my
share of "fluff", I recognize that.
I was working all day Friday, and away on the weekend, and I must have 400
(well, maybe not quite) posts on nothing to do with Sciroccos, and a bunch
of inflammatory stuff...I've said before and will again, people won't post
if they feel they're going to get attacked every time they say something.
This should be a friendly place eh?

So, ask yourself, "Does this interest at least a few other people?", "Is
it helpful and not about posturing/chest beating","will it discourage new
listers from posting", "should I hit the send button or cool down a bit
first"...that sort of stuff.

As I see it, a lister did some work on his car, some useful info about
other A1 (Caddy) suspensions was offered, and a pissing match erupted,
under about three different headings. (And BTW, I'll defend Dan, he's
offered useful info for a long time here) Now how's that gonna make the
first guy who was actually turning a wrench feel? Probably like heading
back to the garage to get away from the scrapping...

Scirocco content? Well, not much, though I just logged 500 miles of
driving next to one, to hang out with other Scirocco nuts. (I just love
seeing another one on the road...) And I got to drive a PD, I think it may
just be the ideal mill for a MkI, in my next life when I have scads of
money I will have one, in metallic apricot.....it will be my DD...

Cathy's $.02 CDN
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"