WOW! New muffler!

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Julie Macfarlane
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 3:45 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: WOW! New muffler!

After frightening the woman at the under ground parking lot when I started
my car, I decided to fix it.

Searching at the local parts store I found a muffler that had the right ins
and outs. BUT.. It was a FORD part. (ugh she grunted) $20.00 later it was
mine

After cutting the old muffler off, I found the pipe was 2" not the 2.25 that
Monroe said it was and the muffler was 1.25". S**T.
No muffler, I drove to the local parts store. Not much difference between
muffler on and muffler off. Got the adapter and back home I went.
Cleaned the old pipe, assembled and welded the muffler adapter on and....
Damn... Wrong end...
Cutting the outer pipe near the weld I removed the adapter...

Now in the RIGHT side, supported and welded the pipe on.

Wow. I will be able to hear my daughter AND the music in my car.

I really must keep up with my maintenance. Man the car was loud  :)

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY

LOL...  Driving under bridges and such can be fun when it is a temporary
thing, but all the time it can drone on.  I am in this position now, and
hope to soon get the complete TT setup soon from the Petermiester at
thescirocco.com..  Been saving pennies since July...

David