[16v] hard start, bucking/bogging off idle

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 9:27:49 -0500, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:
> Cathy,
>   I think this will wholly depend on the station, and the state/country it is in.  You might call them up and see what they have to say...

Many moons ago when I was a "Petroleum Transfer Technician" (:D) we
had to do "dips" with a stick to measure the amount of fuel in the
tanks.  We also had to add some goop to the end of the stick to see
how much water was in the tank (water sits on the bottom iirc).  The
combined data collected was used to determine if the tank was leaking
(either gas out, or water in).  I believe this procedure was a
mandated government thing to minimize ground contamination by
detecting leaks early...

BTW, John, thanks for the tip about not filling up when the tanks are
being filled.  EVERY tank has at least a bit of water in it, which
would be suspended in the gas when stirred up, rather than sitting in
a layer than normally doesn't get sucked up by the pumps...  I never
thought of that!  Thanks!

Later,

Mark.
75