From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of C Boyko
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 7:47 AM
To: Tonee Northam
Cc: Scirocco list; GTG
Subject: Re: '78 from California FS in Philadelphia

> I believe when Daun posted it, it started at $305. It's in not too bad o'
> shape. A grand though?
>
> Tonee
>
> GTG <NavySEAL2B@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I've been watching that one. Going over $1K with 5 days left seems kinda
> extreme to me, though.
>
> -Grant-
> Annapolis, MD/Louisville, KY
> 1980 in storage :(

You've gotta weigh what your time is worth, after contemplating the
thoughts of reviving my hopeless '80, I willingly paid a bit more for
Klaus. Rust repair is time consuming, and it IS just that, repair. That
one appears to have two things going for it, it's from California and
advertised as rust free, and it's already in the north, more or less. I'm
really liking the minimal rust concept on my MkI. Makes you hate working
on "real" old cars.

But OTOH, my 80 looks real good in pictures, maybe I should put it on
EBay. And you don't have to worry about its floors, it doesn't have them.
Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V

"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"