[OT] Of Torrents & Transfers & Firewalls

> Except in my case it never began uploading anything.

realize that you may have been the only one downloading (me and foxx are
seeding it, and there would be no reason for you to send parts of it to us -
we have it all already).

> 4.) During the download I turned off the s/w firewall.

should have zero impact - so long as you have allowed the torrent program
access to the net within the software firewall program.

> 5.) I think it was the IP translation on my end that masked my system from
> becoming a upload site. (Pure, uncollaborated speculation on my part.)

possible. you need to see which port or port range your client is using, and
manually forward that port to your computer on the nat box. heres a decent
page on doing this:
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=493
hth
Al