Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

Well, logic dictates that it MUST have a downside or VW would have given us 8lb flywheels from the
factory.  I'd guess they didn't because:
- rougher idle (slightly), esp. when cold; slightly increased tendency to stall
- more finicky takeoff, potential for stalling or chatter
- potentially increased rear main bearing wear
- low speed operation, potential lurching
(this may seem off the wall but I wonder if there's an emissions consideration in there too -
having to do with very quick engine decel on liftoff and the engine management's ability to
control the mixture (meaning emissions) during that state...)

In other words, stuff we ain't going to worry about.

It doesn't add HP to the engine, but it does add HP to the wheels *in transition states* - i.e.,
accelleration.  With a light flywheel, the HP that your engine would have used spinning up your
flywheel is now going to the wheels.

All in all, a VERY worthwhile mod.  I've had one for years (did it myself).  Wouldn't go back.

Ron