[ot] etka info for those who don't know

   as i'm only in digest mode, i'm not getting every e-mail but i have
seen some questions come up.

1) as for compatibility, this should take care of most the major
problems. we had it running on nt, 98, 98se, me, 2000, and xp. it was
quite stable on all platforms. version 6.3 was designed with some extra
stability for xp in mind. this was simply the last update for the etka
that i could find.

2) as for updates, i did include this in a previous message. there are
update packets available but they require the unaltered file to d/l
them. i believe it's included (i can make it available) but the program
will not run with it unaltered. sort of a catch 22. i'm currently
working on a fix for this but it is taking some time. ALSO, it would
only update to 573(?) as any further updates would require v6.3 of the etka.

3) for those of you wondering, the benefit to this newer etka is that
you can superceeded part info and have a better idea of what is and
isn't available. it also helps if you have a newer vw. the search and
reference capabilities of v6.2 over v5.0 are very much imporved.

4) if you have a mki, you will still find body information in section 8
of the scirocco section. if you are searching for anything else, you
will have to look in the german jetta (jeg) then the german rabbit (rag)
sections. any parts differences should be noted in the comments field
with 'sci' or 'scir'.

5) if you have any questions about how the program runs or how to do
this and that, press F1. the help screen has gotten much better over
time. additionally, if you have a question that can't be answered by F1,
e-mail me off list and i'll see what i can do for you. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com