[SPAM] MAYDAY MAYDAY!!! ROC DOWN ROC DOWN!!!!

yup....

yesterday on the way back to my apartment complex, the roc started making a
weird 'dry metal turning on metal' sound. It stopped with the AC off/on with
me toggling the compressor, so I didn't give it TOO much thought, it was
F*&(*#&ing scorching outside, and that damned car was going to provide me
with *some* relief......but I digress. So I park the car and get out and
start looking under the hood when.....SHIT!....OIL!!!

All over the timing belt cover insides, and puddling under the engine on the
pass side. I took the top timing cover off and cleaned the engine, but I
don't see any kind of major leak, I ran the car for a bit again, and it
seemed like it was misting out from somewhere on that end of the engine.....

I have a feeling it's a gasket or something....but I want some additional
opinions.

Please and thanx.

Dan Snow
(2.5) '87 16v Sciroccos
(1) '81 Rabbit Sportruck
http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

"You can have my Scirocco when you pry it off of me with the Jaws of
Life." - Mike Smith