[ot] junkyard rant (long)

>    first off, i'm not expecting anyone to read this, but i still need to
> get it out of my system.
>
> place: central city auto parts
> location: mckinley ave, columbus, ohio
> synopsis: they have two sciroccos that i've been interested in for the
> past couple of years. one is a brown '84 and the other a dark blue
> '84.5+. they are both sitting on a large rack and both clearly visible
> from the road. when i originally inquired about them (a couple years
> ago) i was told they were owned by the owner who didn't want to sell.
> okay, fine. when i was down there this past spring i was told they were
> lined up to be crushed when they had the time. i made it a point to find
> out if they, or parts, would be sold, but was unable to find the time
> for that until this past week.
>    i put a call in because i was needing a piece of steering linkage and
> knew the '84 would most likely have it. i was told that the part was not
> in the system and the car had been crushed. i informed them that i had
> been down there the previous saturday (to the yard beside them) and saw
> them clearly. they invited me to come down this saturday (today) to take
> a look then. i went down, both cars were on the rack, and inquired about
> them. once again i was told they weren't in the system and had most
> likely been crushed. to make sure that i hadn't made a mistake, i left
> and drove down the road to see, yes, the two cars were still on the
> rack. should've let it go at that point, but i turned around, pulled
> back in and told the guy that, yes, there still were two cars up there.
> he then tells me that after i left, he stepped outside and saw a red one
> sitting in the yard and that his body man owned it. i informed him that
> both cars were sitting up on the rack and neither was red. he didn't
> care for the fact that he'd been caught in a lie and became...less than
> helpful. i asked if his co-worker might be interested in selling either
> car at which point he made it clear that i would not be having access to
> anyone or anything regarding the two sciroccos and that they were
> impossible to find any longer.
>    SO, it is possible that the owner kept the two cars and decided they
> were to be crushed and that the body man rescued them. i'm okay with
> that. what irks me is the fact that he 1) didn't tell me that in the
> first place, 2) lied about even checking if the cars were out there, 3)
> made up the story that there are no yards that have sciroccos. this
> third onw really gets me as my dad located two in a yard not ten minutes
> from central city and the yard BESIDE central city has one.
> rating: one middle finger.
> extra comments: closed yard with high prices. if it's not on the
> computer, then it's not out there. unwillingness to help, tending
> towards slothfulness. wanna-be pep boys with junkyard in back.
>
>    sorry to vent to everyone, but this does get me thinking. would it
> [...]
That is a total and complete piss off. So close, but yet so far. I get
really ticked off at misinformation that wastes time. For me it is a
"lifestyle" though.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "don't ask"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus- sounds like half a Chevelle plus a Weedeater"
1988 Cabby "on the road again"
"I am slowly going crazy, one two three four five six switch" (now your turn)