OT: My VR6 Jetta is doing spooky things in the corners, ideas?

I know this is not Scirocco specific, but I thought someone might have some ideas since honestly the suspension on my '97 is not really that much different design-wise than a '75...  I wouldn't expect a really good experienced answer asking this question on the Vortex or vr6.org, and I know we've all had Sciroccos long enough to run into some really strange suspension problems among others.

I started noticing a month or two ago, only when I'm going around a sharp enough long sweeping right turn at highway speed that something settles or moves.  When this happens it feels like someone jerked the wheel further to the right.  When I come out of the corner it settles back to the way it was in a much less noticeable way.  It completely throws the balance of the car.

It's really freaking spooky and it scared the crap out of me the first time it did it.

Each and every fastener, ball joint, tie rod end, strut bearing and other mount I can find looks perfectly fine and tests perfectly tight, with the exception of partially cracked rear control arm bushings that I can only verify possible fault visually on.

My question is, is it possible that a control arm bushing would cause this?  They're the only supension part on the front of the car that are factory original parts that I don't know for sure are good.

Otherwise, any ideas?  I would start thinking cracked body structure with a Scirocco but A3's with plus suspension like this have big beefy subframes and heavy frame rails and everything looks really good.

Thanks for looking and again, sorry it's offtopic but you folks have a lot more experience than most other places I've been.

John K. Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX - daily driver
'85 Scirocco Flash Silver, waiting for my new house/shop for a complete