Where is the engine code??

> PLEASE, lets not start THIS again. The JH was introduced in 1983 in the
> Scirocco Wolfsburg and the Rabbit GTI. I should know I have owned BOTH!!
>

> Peace Out,
> Rhett
> Rocco_crossing
> '83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-(  Now what to do???
> Buy a GTI!! Got an '83 for that too!!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there had been a history to the question. I
just wondered how far back the engine existed, since I now have one, and
have previously been a 16V gal, so have not read all of the 8V threads. So
I'm sorry if I opened any old wounds.

Thanks for answering the question, I'll go back to swearing at my 16V again.
Cathy