Where is the engine code??

> From: Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2004/08/18 Wed PM 03:04:19 EDT
> To: Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>,  Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Where is the engine code??
>
> Wich fuel management did it it use.....IIRC the heads
> on my little 1.7 are solid and im not sure that
> swaping this other in could be possible if they dont
> run the same management.....Also I have always just
> hear that JH heads used with 3A bubble blocks to keep
> the CIS in are solid.

It used CIS-E, which is a bit later than the one in the Roc.  I think the conversion is worth it, rather than just doing the ignition upgrade alone (knock box and sensor that is)...  The other method you listed works well as well, but you will still need the later ignition system...

HTH

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---