Camshaft ID help ( now vintage performance)

Kyscirocco@aol.com wrote:

> I've thought of that and it would make sense to use the audi block.

Well, yep, but that's not the only way. I was just wondering.

> I kinda want to build a period correct modified car though.
 > I'm sort of torn .

Ahah, OK then. Go for it.

> It makes more sense to use the newer motors.

Kinda, either way you might need to do an extensive rebuild of either
block. In any case an early block done GTA mode is kinda cool.

> There is a coolness factor in having 16v power from a 1.6.

Now, see here? There ya go.

 > Then again sinking money into 20+ year old car that
 > my neighbor mistook for a gremlin really doesn't
 > make much sense either.

Phooey. You are not putting money into a car to get it out later in
resale value. You are going to put money (how ever much, little or
big) into a car to get out of it enjoyment. For yourself, and then
maybe others.

 > What to do, what to do.
> Matt
> 1981 Mars Red
> Louisville, KY

Tooling around, listening to the sweet note- ah.

Look, It'll make sense when it makes sense.

TBerk