[wtb] steering linkage (and question)

   i replaced the power steering rack in my '86 with a manual one.
problem i ran into is that the linkage piece between the column and the
rack is too short. i am in deperate need of this part to get my car back
on the road. does anyone have one for a reasonable price?
   also, as i look though the etka, i notice that the racks for the mki
jettas and mkii sciroccos are the same, both power and manual.
additionally, the steering columns are the same part number. even for
the power rack, the linkage piece is the same part number. any idea on
why the manual steering linkage is a different part number? is my
assumption that with the same rack and the same column the distance is
the same wrong? i could accept this if it were not for the fact that the
power linkage is the same. any help would be appreciated. my dad'd 1.7l
carb'd rabbit is getting me around but i'd like my scirocco back asap.
thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com