Headlight relays Now- wiring harnesses...

> From: Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/08/13 Fri PM 12:15:52 EDT
> To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net
> CC: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Headlight relays and less noise

> I may wrap the harness at some point for looks and to keep any stray
> moisture out but I'm still thinking about another relay or two so I
> may be needing to add a few more wires.
>

> Gordon
>
> 75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm

I am myself about to begin to do a wiring harness.  I think I have figured out all the pertinent connections for my VW pickip with the 2.0 16V.  I think what I am going to use for loom itself is the VW stuff.  It is still a split loom which I do not like as much as the solid vinyl sheathing most of our cars tend to have.  However, this loom is available...  :-)  The VW stuff is heavier in thickness than the crap you normally find in auotmotive stores.  What is more is I have not seen the butt-ends that VW offers for the loom itself.  Both 90 degrees, and 45 degrees.  These couple the loom pieces together without using any tape.  I will prolly spend as much as 50.00 for all the wiring to be modified 'properly', but if it looks that much cleaner under the hood, then it should be worth it...

I am open to suggestions of where else I might look for high-quality loom gear however (nudge-nudge)...

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---