(OT still VW) those damdable spring clamps

> From: "E R" <nicadimus@hotmail.com>
> Date: 2004/08/12 Thu PM 11:24:31 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: (OT still VW) those damdable spring clamps
>
> Hello all;
>
> So here I am comming out of lurk mode, I have a question to ponder the
> list... doing the clutch on my 92 Jetta, the "C" clamps the hold the exhaust
> downpipe to the manifold, they pop off easy enough with a pry bar, and on
> past projects I have been able to borrow the "special" tool to put them back
> on...which is not the case now... have any of you all found a good shadetree
> wrenching shortcut to get the clamps back on? there must be a better way
> than buying the $130.00 tool.. any Advice?
> TIA,
> Elijah

You knew this was coming...  Yes, there is a way.  Spend 50.00 on Vortex for the dual outlet manifold, and then buy a new downpipe from TT for 130.00.  Fifty dollars more, but then you do not have to worry about it again, that and you have mowa powa...  ;-)

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---