Headlight relays and less noise

Gordon Forbess wrote:
> Just a couple of small projects I completed in the last couple of
> weeks that did't cost much, but each made a difference.
>
> Headlight relays.  Haven't sprung for the euro lights yet, but I
> upgraded the power to my halogen sealbeams some.  I was also able to
> add a daytime flash-to-pass using the stock stalk switch, which was
> not stock on my 75. http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/relay.jpg
>
> Hatch rattle solved.  I traced the annoying rattle I heard on rough
> pavement to the hatch cover.  The felt padding strips on the bottom of
> the hatch edges were paper thin so it was pressboard to metal.  I used
> a 1/4 inch strip of the softer side of velcro tape applied to the
> metal and a small piece in the plastic clips that catch the ends of
> the rear shelf support.  No more rattle.
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/shelf.jpg

Anyone else get jealous when they see pics of Gordon's car?!?  Man, that
thing is so mint!  Congrats on a FINE car Gordon - I can only hope that
my 75 will look half as nice when I'm (eventually) done restoring it...
  One thing I know for sure, I'll never be the ORIGINAL owner of mine -
that the coolest...

Mark.
75
77