[non] rabbit speaker wiring

> From: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/08/10 Tue PM 11:10:25 EDT
> To: Scirocco List <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: [non] rabbit speaker wiring
>
> Marc_Scirocco_Qu?bec wrote:
> > Remove the passenger side door sill, and lift the carpet a bit. You should
> > be able to run your wiring underneath the carpet passenger side.
> >
> > This is what I did on the '83 for additional 6x9 speakers. It was also
> > easier to do with the passenger seat removed.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Marc
>

> Speaker source down one side, if using any powered components, run the
> power down the driver's side- keep power and signal separated.
>
> Lamp cord is a very cheap and durable source for speaker wire, also
> don't forget to respect phase; all speakers should have a positive to
> positive connection with the radio/amp. Same with the negative side.
> Mixing will reduce speaker output effectiveness.

Actually, on any speaker that is bigger than say 3", you want to change the polarity on ONE speaker, AT the speaker.  Try it.  You will notice more bass response, as the speakers will not be hitting at the same time, and therefore canceling each other out...  If you have never tried this, you will be suprized at what difference it makes...

Beyond that, good suggestions indeed...

Cheers,
  David