[non] rabbit speaker wiring

I used lamp cord for most of the wiring in my house. I'm glad someone else knows of a good/cheap way to wire speakers.

Let's see, family room= 7 speakers, 2 subs. Office=4 speakers, Dining room=2 speakers, Master bedroom=4 speakers, Master Bath=3 speakers.

I still need to wire the guest room, guest bath, and living room. The kitchen has a sony under cabinet cd so I guess that and the breakfast room are covered.

Yes, I'm making my entire house surround sound.

T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Marc_Scirocco_Québec wrote:
> Remove the passenger side door sill, and lift the carpet a bit. You should
> be able to run your wiring underneath the carpet passenger side.
>
> This is what I did on the '83 for additional 6x9 speakers. It was also
> easier to do with the passenger seat removed.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Marc

Speaker source down one side, if using any powered components, run the
power down the driver's side- keep power and signal separated.

Lamp cord is a very cheap and durable source for speaker wire, also
don't forget to respect phase; all speakers should have a positive to
positive connection with the radio/amp. Same with the negative side.
Mixing will reduce speaker output effectiveness.

Grounding the case of the radio to the chassis is also a good idea,
just a few random thoughts that may not be common knowledge.

TBerk