Brakes, the final insult

At least it was an easily resolved problem!
----- Original Message -----
From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 5:42 AM
Subject: Brakes, the final insult

Okay, the brakes are on, courtesy of a kind lister with a parts car. but
here's the final insult, the one last kick in the teeth. Recall, it was a
master cylinder that went well till I broke a bunch of stuff
bleeding/removing the calipers. "Original" is a term you never want to
hear where brakes are concerned.
Anyway, so last night I go to clean up some fluid I slopped on something
critical, and grab my brand new can of heavy duty brake cleaner. Pop off
the cap, NO SPRAY NOZZLE. I mean, how can I work without solvents, sheesh.
Canadian Tire had two interesting reactions, one guy said "That's Canadian
Tire for ya", the other says, "I'll tuck this under the counter for the
mechanics when they're ticking me off". Needless to say, I headed directly
from there for some Ben and Jerry's. In the absence of solvents, ice cream
usually works.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "Slipping Clutch Edition"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus"
1988 Cabby "Special Jackstand Edition"
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" (Fred Rogers)