Clutch questions

Just when you though you'd heard enough from me eh? So I get this call
from the hubby from the track..."Honey, I think the clutch is done".
Perfect. Oh it's dead, (really really dead) why it's dead is another
story, somewhere between how he drives it and the general abuse it has to
deal with. We seem to go through them, though this one has lasted much
better than the others, it's done two years, almost to the day. The first
two were more like months. Needless to say, this is in the headache. Oh,
and the Cabby's still not on the ground, thanks for asking. I think I'll
buy some more jackstands.

Anyway, two questions. And I know a stock clutch should do fine, but for
us it hasn't. This was a Centreforce dual friction. Drag racing on slicks
every week or two takes its toll. Any one else drag their car regularly on
slicks? What clutch are you using? And what other versions of clutch have
you guys used with good results? This one was grabby and easy on the legs,
a very nice combination.

Number two, is there anything that could be out of adjustment that lead to
this? The cable is a manual one and it engages in mid travel, so that
seems okay. Anything else I should be checking while I'm in there? (I
can't altert my husband's driving style, no hope there)

Anyway, suggestions are welcome, unless it involves transferring ownership
of the car...

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "Diesel rpm Range Edition", she's all good till 3000..
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus"
1988 Cabby "Special Jackstand Edition", she still no stoppy

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" (Fred Rogers)