sheared bolt removal tips?

Can you run it through instead of backing it out?
----- Original Message -----
From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: sheared bolt removal tips?

I know we've just had this big sheared stud thread, but I've tried to get
this bolt out with no luck. It's sheared flush with the brake carrier,
which I have removed from the car (not too easily I may add, I thought I'd
have a second sheared bolt for a while there). I managed to get a decent
sized hole drilled into the stud thinking I could get it moving with the
extractor I have, but no dice. (I stopped short of the torque needed to
snap that at least) I've heated to glowing, Kroiled, and waxed, and
repeated. SO tell me what you guys would do, I have basic tools (my
collection of sticks and rocks), no fancy drill presses or anything. Can
you buy the carriers for less than the value of the car?Thanks in advance.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "the silver headache"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus"
1988 Cabby that won't stop, that's why I took its front wheels away from it.