From: "David Utley" <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
To: "scirocco" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 6:53 PM
Subject: OT: Problem with Ebay spoof...

> Anyone else fall victim to this?
>
>   Some ass in Italy sends me an email with an alleged problem with my
account.  I had just changed a few things, so I had no reason to think
something was up.  I replied with my personal information, and I then
promptly noticed a 312.87 dollar charge on my account, taken by someone from
an ATM in Italy.  I figured out what I did wrong, contacted the bank, and I
am all square now.  The trouble is, the fokkers keep trying to get me to
re-verify my stuff, so I can fall for it again...  I know now the way to
spot the difference between Ebay and an impersonator, so I am safe there...