WAY^3 OT: what would you do?

Jeff,

If the guy's dog is marking his territory in your yard, go out there and leave your mark then he won't poop in your yard anymore.

Note to self: If you plan on marking your lawn midnight might be a good time to do so, your neighbors might look at you funny otherwise.

SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com wrote:
Jeff,

Ahhh, nothing like a lively discussion about dog poo.

It's a lot harder to say something if he picks it up, if he didn't it would be time for war.

We have four dogs and we walk them on a leash ON OUR OWN LAWN and then we pick it up, although I'm really thinking of leaving it on the lower part where the brat kids from next door go fishing from without asking permission and throw their garbage. They would deserve to step in it and track in into their jerk parents' house. But anyway, I digress...

Sometimes they get taken to the public park near our house and we pick up after them just like this guy does with his. But it's a public park, not someone else's lawn.

What really pisses me off is all the other dogs that are allowed to run loose in my neighborhood. I swear they all come crap on my lawn.

Anyway, if it's between the sidewalk and the road, that's within an easement in most municipalities. It's your area but the public has a "right of way". That's the only thing I can think of that he could say.

The dog may be consistently going on your area is "marking" your area as perhaps the edge of "his". Of course he doesn't understand it's yours.

The issue of a small child crawling on that same grass is definitely a valid concern. There are a host of different health problems that could result.

Personally, I would try explaining to the guy in a civilized manner at first that you have a young child could possibly be crawling in the same area where the dog had done its business, and that even though he's picking it up you're still concerned about health issues from residue that is left.

It does seem kind of weird he's not embarrassed or apologetic at all. He probably just thinks it's fine as long as he's picking it up. Explain the health thing to him regarding the child and he may understand.

John K. Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX - daily driver
'85 Scirocco Flash Silver