From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
To: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: sales

> Yep, Spewey, that's where I was going with it. I love roccs, you love
roccs, but I don't expect others affliated with VWs to love roccs. While I
too would be more likely to hand my money over to someone oogling over my
rocc, that doesn't mean that salesperson knows more about the car I will be
buying at said dealership, which certainly wouldn't be a rocc. Give me a guy
who knows every nut and bolt of today's cars over someone who can recite the
years, makes and models of all the previous cars any day.

> And by the way, VW IS trying to just sell you another car. A quality,
well-priced car that they feel is better than others in the market, but it's
still a car which equals a paycheck to them. I used to sell bikes ranging in
price from $200 to $4000. After working for awhile, I came to prefer and
think that the brands we were selling were superior to others. I could name
every component, tell you where that drivetrain fits on the best to worst
scale, weights of the bikes, everything. But I couldn't care less about the
models made in the '80s and I don't know jack about them.