Canadian Bus guy Needs lower Scirocco Rocker portions - Any Shellsavailable?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Sciroccos eh?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:19:35 -0500
From: George Thorburn <thorgk@accesscomm.ca>
To: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>

> George Thorburn wrote:
>
> >>I'm T. Berk, owner of too many cars, some even VWs, but not yet a
> >>Vanagon. (I'm into Sciroccos mainly).
> > Hi,
> > We have had an '85 Westfalia for years and we now have an
> > '81 Scirrocco in the driveway that we are fixing up for our son.
> > We have been able to find most of the stuff we need locally
> >(brakes, shocks etc.) but may have to look further afield for
> > rust repair items (rocker panels etc.) Can you suggest any good
> > vendors as well as information sources.
> > Thanks,
> > George
>
> Well, there aren't too many body panels out there that aren't cut from
> an old car any more. (Where are you btw, I'm near San Francisco
 > California.)
>
> I can turn you onto;
> <http://www.scirocco.org>  and <http://www.parts4vws.com>
>
> The 1st is Scirocco Central and you can join the email list from there.
> If lots of posts aren't your thing you can subscribe via the daily digest.
> The second is my favorite parts guys online. The can get you way more
> than are shown on the web site. (The Potters who run it are the best
> kind of folks.)
> Also there is VWVortex.com, they are an online forum type thing.
> hth,
> Keep me posted.
> TBerk

TBerk,
We are in Regina Saskatchewan (about 2 or 3 hours north of Plentywood
Montana).  The Scirocco we have is sound except for the lower edges.
The floor is OK but the rockers are pretty soft.  Are there other
solutions beside replacing the rockers with original parts.  The car
runs and shifts well.  and should be road worthy once we get the brakes
all in order.  Does somebody in California or Arizona have any of these
cars waiting to be cut up or maybe a good body in need of mechanical parts.
George