Big brakes and stuff

WooHoo!!,

I have the pieces I've been searching for to install the bigger vented
brakes on "The Project". I bought the calipers a few months ago for $40
a pair, and I just got the hub, spindle, rotors and hardware for $10 off
e-bay, and the guy was local, so I just picked them up. Now all I need
to do is put in new wheel bearings, new pads and braided lines and my
brakes will be completed. The guy I bought this stuff from has a cobbled
together turbo cis cabby. I invited the guy to join the list, but since
he wasn't all that impressed with VW Vortec, I'm not sure if he will,
even though I told him this list is much better.

On another note, the Falken Azenis were just incredible autoX'ing, I
spent most of the day yesterday getting used to them but, right off they
lowered my times by a good second or two over my 4 for $100 discount
tire specials. The whole day yesterday was spent getting used to having
grip and playing with tire pressure. And now I hear the Kumho
Victoracers are a whole lot better than these are. Maybe next season.

I'll try and post some pictures on my website of "The Project" with the
new treads and the 5 spoke wheels on my website either today and
tomorrow. The wheels look sharp, I wasn't sure how 5 spokes would look
on an s1, but I like them.

Oh, forgot to add, I got a nice Momo leather wrapped steering wheel and
hub off e-bay for $50 including S&H. So, I have a wooden Personal 13.5"
steering wheel for sale with the hub, make me an offer. It's in OK
shape, it needs the horn button fixed, and maybe sand it down and
re-varnish it. I can take pictures if anyone is interested, if not I'll
put it on e-bay.

Thanks,
TomC
'79 "The Project" Scirocco