few q's...

You can do it, it takes a bit of time, but take your time and go for it.
Well worth it. I sort of drew a wiring diagram and I go from that,(based on
the tech procedure)  it helps you figure out what wire goes where,
essentially you wire the relay its own power and ground, and a second set of
wires for the lights themselves off the relays. The biggest trick is hiding
all that wire.
On the 16V, I always felt that I was overdriving the dim stock headlights,
and was beating myself up for how stupid I'd feel if I hit something over
such an obvious upgrade not being done. I'm on my third harness/relay
install as we speak, (for the Cabby) I want the daughter to see as well as
is humanly possible. She has demonstrated need of it.

Now I have a question, on Klaus (quad rounds MkI style) I have two sealed
high/lows (OEM outers) , and a set of H4s from the 80 (which are in the
inside position). I think I'll redo the low wiring to have all four on all
the time, twin elements in each, but how do you aim the rounds? I don't want
to blind anyone. (I guess I could look at Mr Bentley, hey, maybe I'll do
that)
Also, should there be a left and right on the Hella H4s? Mine seem
identical, but the high lamps on the Cabby have a different left and right,
maybe that's just the mounting (which is different) and not the lenses. I
don't recall any difference on the 16V H4s.

Just thinking out loud...
Cathy