Flooding! Help please!

to check if it's the windshield seal (i just did mine 2 months ago on toby's
suggestion--took only 30-60 mins) put a rolled up napkin or something
between the dash and the bottom corner of the windshield--there's a little
gap where you can wedge the napkin in--and soak the outside of the
windshield. pull out your napkin.  if it's wet, there's your leak. i don't
think there's another way to find the leak easily. anyway, this worked for
me having identical symptoms. hth,

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP