Tensioner Good, Exhaust Bad

Hey again, went out side, and put a block of wood on my jack and lifted the
engine up, and it fit right on, so thats all taken care of.  Thanks guys.

But now with my exhaust that I got.  2 inch stainless steel from TT.  I
didn't tell them I'd be running without a cat (since my Canadian 81 never
had one) so i'm left with a small space to fill.  I know this isn't, and
shouldn't be a big deal.  But the previous owner had a peice of flex pipe
installed where the cat would be.  This isn't that crappy flex pipe that you
get at Cambodian Tire, this is 100% metal. It's got weird ripple like things
that allow it to flex, but it's only 1.5 inch diameter, so I bought a foot
of 2 inch pipe at Cambodian Tire after I was told I didn't need a flex pipe.
  Brought it home, and the old man was positive it needed a flex pipe.

                 So, i've heard two stories...1) I need a flex pipe
                                                       2) I don't need one,
if it's stonger, it's better

What do you guys reccomend I do?  If i use that flex pipe, i'm running 1.5
inches for that little bit, so I would probably be restricting flow.

Any suggestions would be great...

Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfeeŽ Security : 2 months
FREE*