16V 2.0 Pickup lives, sort of... Need help ASAP..

On 4/18/04 11:58 AM, "Jeff Toomasson" <area53@validpath.com> wrote:

> Couple things to check (which you may already have):
>
> 1) Ensure your TDC is true and not for #4

How do you tell this for certain???

I think I have inter-cam timing issues on my 16v.....I was just searching
the list archives, 'cuz I thougth someone else described this same problem.

Anyone know how to absolutely check this?

Background:  A couple years ago I replaced my cams with Kent 258's.  I had
to h ave the gears pressed off a stock set of cams and pressed onto the
Kents.  I can't remember for sure, but I think they are keyed, so the gears
couldn't be on wrong.

Yet, to get any decent performance out of my car, I had to slip the timing
belt a whole tooth + a few degrees on the adjustable cam gear.  So, this
leads us to believe the inter-cam timing is whack.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |