6speed good deal??

K....I'm a little foggy on the whole "doggy" issue.

But a 4.20 will get you to top RPM fast but will not have as high a speed
as a 3.94 or 3.67 from what I can glean from the scirocco.org page and
another calculation page I've found but can't remember where.

That the guy says that it won't come out of 5th is not a good sign. That
is the area that would need to be customized the most for a 6 spd so that
would mean that custom parts are maladjusted or broken.

Custom=$$$$$$

But comparitively, for price of a new 6 speed (couldn't find any for 020
though) it's about 1/2 of what a new one would cost.

I don't know if he still has one, but last year I was talking w/ Vince of
VL Enterprises and he said he had a kit for sale for around the $850-900
mark. But biz practices of this guy didn't seem to be of a good rep so
unless you're in OR I'd pass on that one from reputation. People that got
the kit had great revues though.

It's a toss up. How good are you at machining metal? If not, I'd pass.
A regular 5 spd is hard enough for me @ the moment.

Tim

Nobody is one block of harmony.  We are all afraid of something, or feel
limited in something.  We all need somebody to talk to.  It would be good
if we talked to each other--not just pitter-patter, but real talk.  We
shouldn't be so afraid, because most people really like this contact;
that you show you are vulnerable makes them free to be vulnerable too.
It's so much easier to be together when we drop our masks.
		-- Liv Ullman