Brake pressure problem!

chris gonzalez wrote:

> I swapped in a 16v pedal cluster, booster and MC (prior condition unknown) into my rabbit truck. I bled the brakes with new fluid. At one moment pedal is firm and no spongy feel typical of air in the lines. The next, the pedal will easily go to the floor. One or two light pumps, and pressure is back again. It's really disconcerting driving around not knowing if the brake will be there... I have a feeling it's the MC, but I'd rather get a definitive answer before plunking down more money.
>
> tia.

One thing; you might try using a pressure bleeding type procedure. I had
a Rabbit GTI that had the same trouble.

It would be fine on flat ground but once I did a high speed freeway on
ramp the dam thing would turn to mush. Almost creamed two cars (one a
924) coming off 101 @ San Antonio.

  While my car was up on the rack @ New Dimensions I mentioned it and it
came back to me fixed; they said they bled the brakes.  =80

Now, I had done so myself at home, around and around all four corners
(in the right order) but *they* did it and I never had the problem return.

ymmv,
TBerk