seeking group wisdom on selling stuff online

Mark wrote:

> Unlike a bank money order, if it's a postal money order it cannot be
> cancelled.  It's as good as cash...

Be VERY careful.. I got ripped off to the tune of $700 almost 3 years
ago by some jamf from Vortex.  I had put my polished 50mm intake up for
sale (to cover the cost of repairs of exploding TT valve springs) and
this guy responds and wants to send me a money order.  I tell him no
problem, I'll ship after receipt of the MO, and if he needs a reference
on me, contact the Potterman.  Well a couple of days later 2 MO's for
$350 each show up, and I head by the Potterpeople's place to ship the
manifold.  A week later - same day it was delivered - I receive notice
from my bank that payment was stopped on both of them, they had been
reported stolen.  Long story short, never caught up with the prick, cops
wouldn't do squat, and I was out $700 or my nice polished manny.

If in doubt at all, make sure you have cash in fist from the instrument
in question before shipping anything!

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ