IRS on Scirocco... part II

I don't remember who was talking about this (from a month ago or so).  But
if you're still looking into it, check out the front end of a 2nd Gen Mazda
RX-7 ('86 - '90, I believe).  I was replacing ball joints and tie rod ends
on the '87 we have and noticed it's a pretty simple setup:  A-arms connected
to a subframe suspended with springs and shocks.  Since these are non-drive
wheels, it would work similarly on the back end of a 'Roc.  I don't know
about mounting points, sway bars, hubs, backlash from the 'Roc list for
using rice parts, etc., etc., but it might be a worthwhile starting point
(or design idea) if you're serious.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v