GRM Update, pics + story for Busted Knuckle Racing

I whole-heartedly second the statements made by Eric...and Jim! :)

That car is already something to be very proud of, and it has the
potential to be truly AWESOME. Now, if we can just get Brian to mostly
leave it intact for the next 12 months and TUNE it (instead of building
another one from scratch), I'm confident they'll finish in the top-15.

Seriously, look at it: The car should be capable of low 13's at
least...if not high 12's with nitrous. That'd put it near the top-10 in
the 1/4.

And it already handled pretty darn well. With a good alignment, a bit of
engine tuning, and maybe some different tires, it has real potential to
be in the top-five there. Heck, it was already 13th as-is! And that was
a run where I drove OK but the car bogged...unfortunately I pooched the
run where the car ran best.

No kidding. It's got all the right parts. It just needs SORTING.

And you guys should have seen all the people standing over that engine
bay once we started posting some good times in the autocross. Suddenly,
**everybody** was wondering what was under the hood. There was some
fantastic grassroots-style *chassis* engineering at the event, but IMHO
that *engine* setup was the most innovative there. Most everybody else
was doing carburated V8 swaps...not exactly special. One of the best
representations of true grassroots race engineering.

Mega-thanks to Brian and Brett for letting me drive the beast. That was
some of the most fun I've had in a while.

Neal
(the arm waving from out the car in the pics!)
...out of lurk mode