Another rant: Just shoot me now

>--- C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, just venting, use the delete button, or if you find
> > me annoying, send
> > back a note to ridicule me..
>
>Actually you might get a phone call.

Too late, somebody else beat ya to it!

> > First:
> > It's friggin April. So what's with the -10C forecast
> > (with snow) for
> > tomorrow. The only solace is that Jim and other
> > Rochesterians always have
> > worse weather.
>
>Other Rochesterians?  I think he's the last one.  Oh, and
>he's in Florida with the GRM team anyway, so he's missing
>the cold snap.

You mean everyone else has left? I mean, there are some poor slobs that both
live there AND don't have a Scirocco. And they lied, we did get snow, but
were just barely below freezing.

> > I can likely throw one of the MkI lamps in there, but I
> > figure I may as well
> > get one that actually matches, it is a nice car, and
> > deserves it.
>
>Just get it through inspection though....

Nope, not. It won't work, the Cabby has three "legs" on the back of the lamp
that are lacking on the MkI lamp. I'm off now to try option three
(Craptacular Tire) . Not hopeful.

>This hole wasn't there when you got the car was it???  I
>don't remember one.

Nio, this one you would have remembered. About 2" across. And Drew suggested
using silicon to put it back together? Nope, it's pulverized, you could make
good sandpaper with it.

> > Third:
> > Even though the road may well FREEZE tomorrow, we've had
> > forty days and
> > forty nights of rain. My road is so awful I won't be
> > driving a Rocco till
> > May or so.
>
>Yeah...   well, I'd love to drive my 16v, and I suppose I
>could during the day now that the new ground cable is
>finally installed.  At night though, it's developed a new
>"really special feature" as Brad put it.  With the
>headlights on, put the car in reverse and engage the
>clutch.  When the clutch engages, the headlights go out.
>Disengage, the lights come back on.  Yeah, time to re-wire
>the euro-lights - I've not ever been happy with the wiring
>anyway and this is a REALLY good excuse to clean up the
>rat's nest.

Now THAT was my LOL of the day, thanks. How do I do that "mod" to mine? Heh.
Good for those stealthy eveing exits?

>I just need to rip around in a 16V, and
> > SOON. There really
> > IS no better therapy.
>
>Perhaps not.  Hey, why not take Brad's '84 - it behaves
>like a 16v with less power.  We got the new exhaust on it
>tonight and discovered the cam timing must be off as it's a
>dog off the line but slams into the rev-limiter with nearly
>BMW-like ease.  Oh well, one of the next projects is a
>timing belt / p-side motor mount....
>
> > PS I realize that some of you have REAL car problems, so
> > just ignore me, 'k?
>
>You mean like the fact that "momma" cat THREW UP on the
>hood of my '86 overnight?  BLECH.  Thankfully the paint is
>already pretty well shot.

Nah, I was referring to someone who not only has snow on the ground, but has
been up to his elbows in engine work.

But here it's all good. Klaus is back on terra firma, and looks mighty sexy
with those flat control arms.(New suspension) I have one question though,
why is the one side still taller than the other? I checked that the springs
are seated in the perches properly, and the strut housings measure up the
same, and obviously the new springs/struts are identical, and the strut
bearings are new and sitting in nicely. I can't believe tire inflation could
cause 1" difference at the wheelwells, but that's about all I haven't
checked. But sitting in the car feels surprisingly solid, no squeeks and
bouncing to be found. I'm still waiting on the mud situation to go try it
out. The car is higher on the DS though, maybe it's even with my arse in the
seat?

AND the headache got pampered too. The new 18" Borla took no time at all to
pop on, and the only fitment issue was to cut the tailpipe ( the previous
muffler was a 14" type IIRC) and the tailpipe got a trim on the other end
too, it's now got a nice angle on it and doesn't stick out 6". But I was too
lazy to charge the battery to fire it up for a listen. Delayed pleasures eh?

Cathy
1979 8V "Klaus"
1987 16V headache "its mystery is only exceeded by its power", or the
reverse

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*