Thanks to all for the injector cleaning help

Sounds like a grounding problem of a vacum leak.  Also checl your main boot really really good.  You should take it off to inspect it well.  Squeeze it all over to look for a crack and use a bright light.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: calimus <calimus@techography.net>
Sent: Apr 4, 2004 9:58 AM
To: Scirocco-l <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Thanks to all for the injector cleaning help

Just wanted to thank everyone for their responces.  I ened up just soaking
them in injector cleaner for about 4 hours, shaking them up every hour.  The
color of the cleaner when done could only be described as YUCK.  Slapped on
some new O-rings and shoved them in the car.  It didn't solve the miss issue
that I have, but the car does have more power.  I'm starting to wonder now
if the dizzy has a problem since I've now replaced, plugs, wires, cap,
rotor, coil and injectors.  Kinda running out of options so I think I'm down
to the ECU, ICM and the dizzy.  ICM should be fine as I'm not getting any
starting problems, hit the key, fires up, just won't stay running without
keeping your foot on the gas for a few min.

So, the mystery continues, I'll figure it out eventually.  But anyway,
thanks again to all that responded.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v